What does it take to get to goal?
What does it mean for you to get to goal?
In Weight Watchers’ world – it’s about hitting the number that you’d stated you wanted to get to at the beginning of the program. When I started, I put a number into the app, wrote some reasons why and went on my merry way.
In the first week, a few days in, the doubt crept in.
“How am I possibly going to actually do it?” I wondered.
Just because we set a number and have a plan, doesn’t mean we’ll actually kick the goal.
Wishing and hoping doesn’t make it happen.
Week after week… I followed the plan. Sure there were some hiccups, hurdles, mishaps and highlights. And believe it or not, I actually got to goal. 8kgs down and very pleased with myself. Yes, I’m having a brag, cause it feels amazing.
So whether you’ve got work goals in your tourism business, or personal goals, here are 5 things I’ve learnt along the way;
- The micro habits are critical. The little things make a big difference ie. meal prep, planning ahead, pre-checking menus for those occasions out, having snacks packed in the handbag or backpack.
- Have help along the way, the support crew are vital. Who is cheering for you? Have some key people who are on the team.
- Use the plan, it’s there for a reason. No need to recreate the wheel, whether it’s a weekly, monthly, operational or strategic plan, it’s been designed, developed and detailed for a reason. Use it. Follow-it, adapt and modify it, if it needs improving.
- Get back on the horse, even if it bucks you off occasionally. We all have bad days. Shockers. We can use those as a constant excuse not to do what we know we need to do, to follow the plan, or we can get back on that horse, whether it’s within the hour, day, or the next day. It’s about speed of recovery.
- Own it. Talk about it. Share the goal. Historically, I’ve rarely talked about this stuff. It’s very personal. And it’s very professional, if we want to be our best self in business. We want to feel amazing inside and out. Sharing and achieving the goals takes teamwork. So say it out loud.
So again, whether work or home, choose 1 goal.
Name it, claim it, make it happen.
P.S Whenever you’re ready… here are 4 ways I can help you develop and work on your business leadership capabilities:
- Grab a free copy of Smash Indecision and Overwhelm, 4 Steps for Better Business Leadership E-book
It’s the road map to overcoming doubt and indecision, how to deal with “overwhelm” to improve your business leadership capabilities. —Click Here
- Join the Tourism Business Leader’s Facebook group and connect with like-minded leaders focused on building highly effective teams
It’s our Facebook community where smart leaders get to learn more about creativity, leadership and performance for tourism business success. —Click Here
- Join our Tourism Pro-Team Program
Helping tourism business leaders develop their skills to improve engagement, accountability and performance of the team. If you’d like to work with me so you can stop being reactive, have the difficult conversations and drive performance to get the results you want and know the business need then…message PRO to me here and I’ll get you all the details.
- Let’s get the Whole Team Together
Would you like a different perspective and someone else at the front of the room or on zoom/teams to lead regular and consistent team building, accountability, and engaging learning experiences, that drive results and outcomes for individuals, teams, and the business? If you feel a little challenged with everything going on, maybe sounding like a cracked recorded saying things repeatedly, or actually not 100% how to motivate and inspire the team, given the current nature of business, it may be useful for us to chat. Message TEAM to me here… and tell me a little about the business, your team, and what you’d like to work on together.