What does it take to get to goal?
What does it mean for you to get to goal?
In Weightwatcher’s world – it’s about hitting the number that you’d stated you wanted to get to at the beginning of the program. Back in Sept. I put a number into the app, wrote some reasons why and went on my merry way.
In the first week, a few days in, the doubt crept in.
“How am I possibly going to actually do it?” I wondered.
Just because we set a number and have a plan, doesn’t mean we’ll actually kick the goal.
Wishing and hoping doesn’t make it happen.
Week after week… I’ve followed the plan. Sure there has been some hiccups, hurdles, mishaps and highlights. And believe it or not, I actually believe now I might get to goal. 8kgs down already and very pleased with myself. Yes, having a brag, cause it feels amazing.
So whether you’ve got work goals or personal goals, here’s what I’ve learnt along the way;
- The micro habits are critical. The little things make a big difference ie. meal prep, planning ahead, pre-checking menus for those occasions out, having snacks packed in the handbag or backpack.
- Have help along the way, the support crew are vital. Who is cheering for you? Have some key people who are on the team.
- Use the plan, it’s there for a reason. No need to re-create the wheel, whether it’s a weekly, monthly, operational or strategic plan, it’s been designed, developed and detailed for a reason. Use it. Follow-it, adapt and modify it, if it needs improving.
- Get back on the horse, even if it bucks you off occasionally. We all have bad days. Shockers. We can use those as a constant excuse not to do what we know we need to do, to follow the plan or we can get back on that horse, whether it’s within the hour, the day, the next day. It’s about speed of recovery.
- Own it. Talk about it. Share the goal. Historically, I’ve rarely talked about this stuff. It’s very personal. And it’s very professional. If we want to be our best self in business. We want to feel amazing inside and out. Sharing the goals, achieving the goals takes teamwork. So say it out loud.
So again, whether work or home, choose 1 goal.
Name it, claim it, make it happen.
P.S Whenever you’re ready… here are 4 ways I can help you develop and work on your business leadership capabilities:
- Download a free copy of The Leadership Maximiser Tool, a detailed Productivity and Performance Experience
Lead with clarity and confidence. Minimise overwhelm and indecision. Be organised and focused to lead a flourishing team and grow a thriving business. Accelerate results for you, the team and business with this step-by-step tool. — Click here
- Join the Empowering Leaders in Business Facebook group and connect with like-minded leaders focused on high-performance team success
It’s our Facebook community where smart leaders get to learn more about creativity, leadership and performance. — Click Here
- Join our next Mental Fitness for Leaders Program
Helping leaders develop their skills for well-being, relationship and conflict management, productivity and peak performance in the workplace. If you’d like to work with me on your business leadership skills to ensure high engagement, accountability and results for and across the team…message PQ to me here and I’ll get you all the details.
- Let’s get the whole team together
Would you like a different perspective and someone else at the front of the room or on zoom/teams to lead regular and consistent team building, accountability and engaging learning experiences, that drive results and outcomes for individuals, teams and the business? If you feel a little challenged with everything going on, maybe sounding like a cracked recorded saying things over and over again, or actually not 100% how to motivate and inspire the team, given the current nature of business, it’s may be useful for us to chat. Message TEAM to me here… and tell me a little about the business, your team and what you’d like to work on together.