So there has been a lot of talk about elephants with coaching clients lately. The expression “The elephant in the room” is often a problem that everyone knows is there but no one wants to acknowledge or talk about / open up about.
For many situations I’ve come across – the elephant – is huge, it’s heavy and it’s only or well mostly a problem because it’s judgement related. Often it’s old stuff too, it’s been around for a long while… and it feels very heavy.
Yet people don’t realise they’re holding onto it (the judgement) and it’s impact.
– it’s because someone has hurt us, offended us, rejected us in the past
– an embarrassment about something that happened
– or it’s guilt for a perceived ‘mistake’ made
– or it’s low self esteem because we don’t feel like we are good enough
– or they’re so much better!!
This elephant of judgement or expectation of how we believe others should have acted or should be acting (in the past, present or into the future) coupled with whether that judgement then is in fact of our self and how we ‘should’ be… it’s a large load to carry all day long.
It’s all based on our own ‘rule’ book and sometimes rather than holding onto the old stuff or that rule book of judgement or expectation, maybe replace it with empathy and curiosity.
Stop holding onto the elephant and start a fresh. Particularly if it’s not serving or helping…. perhaps!
Give a whirl and notice what you experience instead.
P.S Whenever you’re ready… here are 4 ways I can help you develop and work on your business leadership capabilities:
1. Download a free copy of The Leadership Maximiser Tool, a detailed Productivity and Performance Experience
Lead with clarity and confidence. Minimise overwhelm and indecision. Be organised and focused to lead a flourishing team and grow a thriving business. Accelerate results for you, the team and business with this step-by-step tool. Click here
2. Join the Empowering Leaders Group on Facebook and connect with likeminded leaders from around the globe.
It’s our Facebook community where committed leaders are learning more about creativity, leadership and high-performance. Click here
3. Join our Excelerator Program and lead the way
I am launching a new group intake shortly…stay tuned for details. If you’d like to work with me on your business leadership skills to create, lead and perform… just message me here re. “Lead the Way” in the subject line.
4. Let’s get the team together If you feel like a cracked recorded saying things over and over again, and would like a different perspective and someone else at the front of the room to lead regular and consistent team building, accountability and engaging learning experiences, that drive results and outcomes for individuals, teams and the business, then … comment below or send me a message and put “Private” in the subject line… tell me a little about your business and what you’d like to work on together, and I’ll get you all the details!