At the moment, being in tourism is pretty stressful!
When we all have our own family and personal commitments this time of year brings, your tourism business is likely a big part of bringing lots of people together, connecting, and celebrating too. Like many tourism businesses now, you might also be understaffed. Then there’ll be the January juggle with kids and work – it’s so full on.
No matter what the ‘current scenario’ looks like for you; your self-care is absolutely critical. Please prioritise those routines and rituals that ensure you take care of yourself first.
It could be one or more of these;
- the morning walks
- getting into nature
- your daily green juice
- pre-planning and preparing the healthy foods
- making your to-do list (small bite-sized pieces) and ticking it off (even if it takes weeks!)
- getting out for breaks and fresh air every hour or two
- booking the next getaway/change of scenery (even with the unknown)
- talk to good friends (as long as you mutually care for each other)
- down tools and sink your feet into the sand, soil, or grass or stand on a balcony, and stick your head out the window!
- Who is on your team? Do you need to book checkups? Check-ins? Or do some 2023 planning? For you, not for work!
Self-care is quite an individual thing. You’ll know what you need.
Deep down you know what fills your cup. It might be about connecting and asking for help. Being disciplined and decisive to actually follow through on routines, setting boundaries so you come first consistently rather than putting everyone else first at the cost of your self-care.
Back to nature with my gal is absolutely my happy place.
P.S Whenever you’re ready… here are 4 ways I can help you develop and work on your business leadership capabilities:
- Grab a free copy of Smash Indecision and Overwhelm, 4 Steps for Better Business Leadership E-book
It’s the road map to overcoming doubt and indecision, how to deal with “overwhelm” to improve your business leadership capabilities. —Click Here
- Join the Tourism Business Leader’s Facebook group and connect with like-minded leaders focused on building highly effective teams
It’s our Facebook community where smart leaders get to learn more about creativity, leadership and performance for tourism business success. —Click Here
- Join our Tourism Pro-Team Program
Helping tourism business leaders develop their skills to improve engagement, accountability and performance of the team. If you’d like to work with me so you can stop being reactive, have the difficult conversations and drive performance to get the results you want and know the business need then…message PRO to me here and I’ll get you all the details.
- Let’s get the Whole Team Together
Would you like a different perspective and someone else at the front of the room or on zoom/teams to lead regular and consistent team building, accountability, and engaging learning experiences, that drive results and outcomes for individuals, teams, and the business? If you feel a little challenged with everything going on, maybe sounding like a cracked recorded saying things repeatedly, or actually not 100% how to motivate and inspire the team, given the current nature of business, it may be useful for us to chat. Message TEAM to me here… and tell me a little about the business, your team, and what you’d like to work on together.