There are many reasons teams are slow at recovering from challenges, and yet SPEED of RECOVERY is one of the most important factors for high-performance teams.
At no point, can we ever say it’ll be smooth sailing and clear skies. Every business has its challenges, as every team does, and so it’s not about wishing or hoping things won’t go wrong.
It’s all about improving a team’s speed of recovery so they can pick themselves back up despite the challenges, and quickly recover and get back to doing their do.
Some of the common reasons speed might be slow are;
- Lack of tolerance for each other’s differences, and so they ‘hold’ onto issues, grudges, and resentment, and won’t let go (for a long time).
- Lack of empathy, and the ability to forgive, move forward and show understanding.
- Lack of respect. They really don’t like each other. I’m all for teams not having to be friends, however FRIENDLY is key.
- Lack of Positive Intelligence that enables a team to take on feedback for mistakes and issues, find learning, and growth opportunities, and re-focus calmly and positively
A slow team is not a growing team. They’re a bit stuck in old ways, old thinking, and old habits.
A growth team has the ability to be a PRO-TEAM.
They’re on their way, and with you helping them develop their speed of recovery through working on great communication and accountability, you’ll absolutely see a shift in how quickly they can overcome issues, move through challenges and come out the other side effects.
It’s powerful and amazing to watch, and very rewarding as a leader to be empowering a PRO-TEAM like that.
How speedily does your team recover?
Or are you finding the frustration, resentment, doubt, anger, distraction, procrastination, or blame overtake and slow the team right down?
Let me know,
P.S Whenever you’re ready… here are 4 ways I can help you develop and work on your business leadership capabilities:
- Grab a free copy of Smash Indecision and Overwhelm, 4 Steps for Better Business Leadership E-book
It’s the road map to overcoming doubt and indecision, how to deal with “overwhelm” to improve your business leadership capabilities. —Click Here
- Join the Tourism Business Leader’s Facebook group and connect with like-minded leaders focused on building highly effective teams
It’s our Facebook community where smart leaders get to learn more about creativity, leadership and performance for tourism business success. —Click Here
- Join our Tourism Pro-Team Program
Helping tourism business leaders develop their skills to improve engagement, accountability and performance of the team. If you’d like to work with me so you can stop being reactive, have the difficult conversations and drive performance to get the results you want and know the business need then…message PRO to me here and I’ll get you all the details.
- Let’s get the Whole Team Together
Would you like a different perspective and someone else at the front of the room or on zoom/teams to lead regular and consistent team building, accountability, and engaging learning experiences, that drive results and outcomes for individuals, teams, and the business? If you feel a little challenged with everything going on, maybe sounding like a cracked recorded saying things repeatedly, or actually not 100% how to motivate and inspire the team, given the current nature of business, it may be useful for us to chat. Message TEAM to me here… and tell me a little about the business, your team, and what you’d like to work on together.