So many business leaders say to me ‘Our team is so different. We have such different personalities!”
Yes, we’re all very different, however, there are certainly also similarities. And whilst it is never about a cookie cutter one-size fits all, once you get a feel for the similarities and differences, it actually makes life much easier.
Imagine, if you could;
– Recognise who required a little longer to make decisions or time to think things over.
– Know who needs the warm fuzzies more so than others
– Identify distractions before your easily distracted team members get waylaid
– Accept that some people are loyal doers and will go the extra mile, however ‘don’t burn them out’ or they might explode
– Have a firm conversation with those very strong personalities edging on blunt people to help soften their style or shine the rough diamond, when the approach is not always working for everyone
Oh, there are SO many nuances to personality, its impact on behavior, and everyone’s team experience.
However, it’s important not to be ‘BOXED’ or ‘LABELLED’.
It is all about understanding how we need to be responsible for adapting and adjusting our own styles to better communicate, relate and interact with each other.
Instead of collisions, there can hopefully (with some work) be respect, care, understanding, and agility.
To see things from different perspectives, with a different lens and approach when beneficial.
Sadly, I hear the excuses; “that’s just them’ they’re not changing. They’ve always been like that” or “I can’t say that to them, they’re too difficult” or “everyone walks around on eggshells around them.” That’s definitely a common one.
Doesn’t mean the situation or the individual always has to stay that way! It might take some honest and kind conversation to help empower different choices and options. They may need some upskilling, support, and accountability which would be hugely beneficial too.
So rather than watch the collisions happen, avoid them (by hiding under the helm), take the steering wheel in hand instead, and be in charge.
You might be pleasantly surprised by the outcomes.
P.S Whenever you’re ready… here are 4 ways I can help you develop and work on your business leadership capabilities:
- Download a free copy of The Leadership Maximiser Tool, a detailed Productivity and Performance Experience
Lead with clarity and confidence. Minimise overwhelm and indecision. Be organised and focused to lead a flourishing team and grow a thriving business. Accelerate results for you, the team and business with this step-by-step tool. — Click here
- Join the Empowering Leaders in Business Facebook group and connect with like-minded leaders focused on high-performance team success
It’s our Facebook community where smart leaders get to learn more about creativity, leadership and performance. — Click Here
- Join our next Mental Fitness for Leaders Program
Helping leaders develop their skills for well-being, relationship and conflict management, productivity and peak performance in the workplace. If you’d like to work with me on your business leadership skills to ensure high engagement, accountability and results for and across the team…message PQ to me here and I’ll get you all the details.
- Let’s get the whole team together
Would you like a different perspective and someone else at the front of the room or on zoom/teams to lead regular and consistent team building, accountability and engaging learning experiences, that drive results and outcomes for individuals, teams and the business? If you feel a little challenged with everything going on, maybe sounding like a cracked recorded saying things over and over again, or actually not 100% how to motivate and inspire the team, given the current nature of business, it may be useful for us to chat. Message TEAM to me here… and tell me a little about the business, your team and what you’d like to work on together.