Whether it’s for improving peak performance, peace of mind/wellness or healthy relationships, these top 10 triggers have an enormous impact in the workplace. This year has certainly had its challenges and they continue…! Whilst we may not be able to control what is going on around us, we certainly have the opportunity to adjust how we respond and react.
Remember people are not their behaviours. Their behaviours are reflective of their thinking. Their thinking is influenced by their capacity – how well they respond to life’s challenges with a positive rather than negative mindset.
Our thinking is impacted by the enormous stresses and pressures going on around us.
Some of us are more skilled at coping, managing, dealing with these, making a speedy recovery and some of us are less so.
In the words of Albert Einstein, ”Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of minds to think”.
We need to continually train our minds to think.
To educate ourselves, so we can learn and grow.
Here are the top 10 triggers that hinder individuals and teams in the workplace when these are over-used or and used to abuse:
- Judgement – judgmental and critical, laying blame or fault onto self, others or events and circumstances.
- Control – controlling and manipulative of people, conversations and situations.
- Hyper-achievement – over-functioning drive to achieve results, accolades or win at the cost of self or those around.
- Restlessness – jumping from one task or project to another, quickly, probably without completion, loves the variety and excitement.
- Perfectionism – pedantic about getting it right, to the enth degree and absolute accuracy.
- People pleasing – trying to keep everyone happy, no boundaries and ability to say no
- Hyper-Vigilance – concern about dangers and risk, sees problems everywhere and very cautious
- Avoidance – buries head in the sand, avoids conflict, tasks that are hard/painful, only does the easy stuff
- Suffering – either as victim or martyr complaining, takes no responsibility or accountability.
- Hyper-Rationalism – using only the logical mind instead of intuition, creativity or empathy in any way
When any or several of these are at play, they affect the way in which an individual and team can;
- handle stress
- be engaged
- set boundaries
- show initiative
- take responsibility
- organise themselves
- be productive and plan
- follow processes and systems
- be creative and innovative
- achieve results and kick goals
- deliver on outcomes
- stay aligned with the vision
- be on purpose
If you recognise any of these for you and the team, or across several departments, perhaps it might be time to tackle some of it.
Our next Mental Fitness for Leaders & Teams Program begins in Feb 2021. Expressions of interest available now.
To book a time for a chat, click here. Let’s map out where the priorities lie and quick solutions to help the team dynamics and high performance in 2021.
P.S Whenever you’re ready… here are 4 ways I can help you develop and work on your business leadership capabilities:
1. Download a free copy of The Leadership Maximiser Tool, a detailed Productivity and Performance Experience
Lead with clarity and confidence. Minimise overwhelm and indecision. Be organised and focused to lead a flourishing team and grow a thriving business. Accelerate results for you, the team and business with this step-by-step tool. Click here
2. Join the Empowering Leaders Group on Facebook and connect with likeminded leaders from around the globe.
It’s our Facebook community where committed leaders are learning more about creativity, leadership and high-performance. Click here
3. Join our Excelerator Program and lead the way
I am launching a new group intake shortly…stay tuned for details. If you’d like to work with me on your business leadership skills to create, lead and perform… just message me here re. “Lead the Way” in the subject line.
4. Let’s get the team together
If you feel like a cracked recorded saying things over and over again, and would like a different perspective and someone else at the front of the room or on zoom/teams to lead regular and consistent team building, accountability and engaging learning experiences, that drive results and outcomes for individuals, teams and the business, then … comment below or send me a message and put “Private” in the subject line… tell me a little about your business and what you’d like to work on together, and I’ll get you all the details!