Do you have this superpower at your fingertips?
Ever have days when you wish you could shut the door, turn off all the surrounding noise, people, and commitments, and REALLY focus?
I can. It’s one of my superpowers.
One I use a LOT.
I get stuff done when I’m super focused.
It’s faster than procrastination and distraction.
It’s so rewarding.
Others appreciate resolution to their outstanding questions, issues or conversations.
People like certainty. They like knowing you’ll do, get done what you say you’ll do.
So what is the focus?
According to the dictionary;
* The main or central point of something, especially of attention or interest:
* careful attention that is given to something such as a task, or the ability to give your full attention to something:
Here’s how I REALLY focus.
- Use the senses: visual – see it, use the whiteboard, notepad, paper, worksheets, etc. Or auditory – what are you listening to? Or kinesthetic – do you have something to touch, rather than purely look at?
- Have a plan – what is the plan, agenda, key outcomes, and priorities to discuss, then hone in on the plan. Break big jobs into small tasks. One thing at a time.
- Put the clock on – respect your valuable time. It is everything. We still only get 24 hours a day. Set the timer. Less is more. Please focus on one thing and get it done.
Be diligent with practicing focus. You might find yourself getting distracted by thoughts, external noise, etc. That’s ok.
Have a chuckle.
Get back to what you were doing!
P.S Whenever you’re ready… here are 4 ways I can help you develop and work on your business leadership capabilities:
- Download a free copy of The Leadership Maximiser Tool, a detailed Productivity and Performance Experience
Lead with clarity and confidence. Minimize overwhelm and indecision. Be organized and focused to lead a flourishing team and grow a thriving business. Accelerate results for you, the team, and the business with this step-by-step tool. — Click here
- Join the Empowering Leaders in Business Facebook group and connect with like-minded leaders focused on high-performance team success
It’s our Facebook community where smart leaders get to learn more about creativity, leadership, and performance. — Click Here
- Join our next Mental Fitness for Leaders Program
Helping leaders develop their skills for well-being, relationship and conflict management, productivity, and peak performance in the workplace. If you’d like to work with me on your business leadership skills to ensure high engagement, accountability, and results for and across the team…message PQ to me here and I’ll get you all the details.
- Let’s get the whole team together
Would you like a different perspective and someone else at the front of the room or on zoom/teams to lead regular and consistent team building, accountability, and engaging learning experiences, that drive results and outcomes for individuals, teams, and the business? If you feel a little challenged with everything going on, maybe sounding like a cracked recorded saying things repeatedly, or actually not 100% how to motivate and inspire the team, given the current nature of business, it may be useful for us to chat. Message TEAM to me here… and tell me a little about the business, your team, and what you’d like to work on together.