Whether it’s season-on-season, or year-on-year, most tourism businesses want growth.
They want to improve their average nightly rates, they want to improve their passenger numbers, and they want more profit at the end of the day to make the business worthwhile and sustainable.
Personally and professionally.
Whether you work in a tourism business or you own and run it, consistent growth is attainable with 3 key elements:
- Need to overcome the fluctuating revenue issues and have strategic channels and partnerships working effectively to ensure financial growth.
- Must have a trained and leveraged staff instead of being owner/operator reliant (or in some cases GM or OPS Manager reliant only). The people’s growth is vital.
- Fix and build effective systems rather than making do or ignoring the process issues. The systems must grow with the people and the business.
Avoiding any one, or all 3 of these, will have significant ramifications on the business. This week I heard a tourism operator say, ‘Oh I don’t believe in training and investing in my staff. It’s not important.’ Interesting….. all 3 of these are critical.
Without the trained people, to operate the effective systems, attracting and working with the channels and partnerships – growth will not happen.
Consistent growth is a choice.
What choice is your tourism business making?
P.S Whenever you’re ready… here are 4 ways I can help you develop and work on your business leadership capabilities:
- Grab a free copy of Smash Indecision and Overwhelm, 4 Steps for Better Business Leadership E-book
It’s the road map to overcoming doubt and indecision, how to deal with “overwhelm” to improve your business leadership capabilities. —Click Here
- Join the Tourism Business Leader’s Facebook group and connect with like-minded leaders focused on building highly effective teams
It’s our Facebook community where smart leaders get to learn more about creativity, leadership and performance for tourism business success. —Click Here
- Join our Tourism Pro-Team Program
Helping tourism business leaders develop their skills to improve engagement, accountability and performance of the team. If you’d like to work with me so you can stop being reactive, have the difficult conversations and drive performance to get the results you want and know the business need then…message PRO to me here and I’ll get you all the details.
- Let’s get the Whole Team Together
Would you like a different perspective and someone else at the front of the room or on Zoom/teams to lead regular and consistent team building, accountability, and engaging learning experiences, that drive results and outcomes for individuals, teams, and the business? If you feel a little challenged with everything going on, maybe sounding like a cracked recorded saying things repeatedly, or actually not 100% how to motivate and inspire the team, given the current nature of business, it may be useful for us to chat. Message TEAM to me here… and tell me a little about the business, your team, and what you’d like to work on together.